Extended Validation Code Signing Certificate
Extended Validation Code Signing elevates the security of code signing process to the next level by associating stringent vetting process and use of physical token. EV Code signing certificates provide complete protection for your applications from tampering, malware and theft and almost reduces the unnecessary warning messages to zero.
- Rigorous Vetting Process - Compliance with strict validation standards pertinent to EVSSL certificate issuance from the CA/Browser Forum and Microsoft specifications conform the authenticity of the developer/publisher to the end user.
- Two factor Authentication - Use of private key in the form of physical token and PIN to be entered for signing prevents theft or unintended use of the code signing certificate.
EV code signing certificates builds confidence on your applications by building file reputation with Microsoft's SmartScreen® Application Reputation filter, irrespective of prior reputation of the file or the publisher - meaning unnecessary warning messages are not displayed to the user by the filter.
- Extended Validation Authentication as stipulated by CA/Browser Forum and Microsoft specifications
- Trusted by all major operating systems, browsers and mobile devices
- Eliminates Windows warning messages when users start to install your software
- Gives your software good reputation in Windows SmartScreenŽ Application Reputation filter
- Delivered on secure hardware token, providing additional security and two-factor authentication
- Supports all major 32bit/64bit formats, including Microsoft Authenticode ( user mode files (.exe, .cab, .dll, .ocx, .msi, .xpi, and .xap) and kernel-mode software), Adobe Air, Apple applications and plug-ins, Java, MS Office Macro and VBA, Mozilla object files and Microsoft Silverlight applications
Ensures authenticity and integrity of the code, helping you preserve your business reputation and intellectual property.
Digital ID's allow customers to identify the author of digitally signed code and contact them should an issue or query arise.
EV code signing certificates give your software an immediate reputation boost in Microsoft SmartScreen filter which isn't given to regular code signing certs.
Mitigates warning messages from Microsoft's SmartScreen® Application Reputation filter and maximizes user confidence.
Seamless Integration with Industry-Standard Technology
Most browsers will not accept action commands from downloaded code unless the code is signed by a certificate from a trusted Certificate Authority, such as Comodo.
24/7 support from trained technicians in Comodo
What is the difference between EV Code Signing and Code Signing
|EV Code Signing Certificate||Code Signing Certificate|
|Involves stringent vetting process for issuance||Involves standard vetting process|
|Uses private key stored in encrypted hardware token and requires PIN to be entered while signing||Uses private key locally stored in developer's workstation|
How does Authenticode work with Comodo Digital IDs?
Microsoft Authenticode relies on industry standard cryptography techniques such as X.509 v3 certificates and PKCS #7 and #10 signature standards. These are proven cryptography protocols, which ensure a robust implementation of code signing technology.
A certificate for Microsoft Authenticode uses a digital signature to assure users of the origin and integrity of software. In a digital signature, the private key generates the signature, and the corresponding public key validates it. To save time, the Authenticode protocols use a cryptographic digest, which is a one-way hash of the document.
Purchase or renew code signing certificates -
Comodo's code signing certificate digitally signs your codes and protects it from malicious tampering. I get my peace of mind and my clients get the codes they can download with complete trust.
Code download in my client's website has seen a spurt after I recommended them to have comodo's code signing certificate. Thanks for making me an expert, comodo. I owe you one.
Certifying your codes with the code signing certificate is like giving a bullet-proof protection to a prone victim. I highly recommend using Comodo's Code Signing Certificate to protect your codes.
It helps you to sleep well at night thinking that the code that you published yesterday in your website is not going to be tampered with, thanks to Comodo's Code signing certificate.
I would put safety of my website content over anything else that goes there, because it's the touchpoint between my business and the consumers. Comodo does a fine job in ensuring that the download transaction is carried out safely.