Free SSL Certificate from world's largest
- Free SSL certificate with no cost or commitment
- Trusted by 99.9% of browsers and devices
- Offers equivalent protection to our EssentialSSL
- Issued in minutes and good for 90 days (competitors only offer 30 day trials)
Try Free SSL Certificate for 90 Days
Free SSL certificates are valid for 90 days and are limited to one issuance per domain.
Get a Free SSL Certificate from Comodo
- Test your new site's SSL security certificate before it goes live
- See how easy it is to work with Comodo - Install your Certificate instantly
- Don't let your security lapse - get a free certificate and stay secure if your current cert is expiring soon
A free certificate will secure your site or server for 90 days with full 128/256 bit encryption. To establish trust in addition to providing security, you should obtain an Extended Validation SSL Certificate. Comodo offers the widest variety of SSL products, so you can always get a certificate to suit your business needs. All Comodo certificates come with a range of value-added features like our free dynamic TrustLogo, a relying party warranty and free daily web site vulnerability scanning.
3 steps to set up Free Trial Certificates
- Create your CSR (Certificate Signing Request) - instructions are provided at checkout for IIS, Apache and all popular web server types
- Sign up for your Free Trial Certificate - follow the fully automated authentication and issuance process
- Install your Free Security Certificate - secure your server in minutes!
What Our Free Trial Certificate Can Do For Your Business
Our Free Trial SSL Certificate is a fully functional digital certificate, recognized and trusted by 99.9% of browsers. Comodo's 90-day FreeSSL certificate prevents browsers from displaying security warning messages for your site and gives you the padlock to assure site visitors.
Why Choose Comodo's Free SSL Certificate?
Comodo Free SSL certificates provide full strength SSL encryption for the secure areas of your website for ninety days. Because they are chained to the same roots as our paid certificates, they are also fully trusted by 99.9% of web browsers and devices. Your customers will no longer see any error messages. We recommend website owners use the 90 day free period to test and confirm their webserver's SSL configuration.
Comodo Trial SSL certificates are trusted by over 99.9% of current browsers, among the highest available in the industry today.
All Comodo SSL Certificate are issued from our own 2048 bit root keys, meeting the US government's National Institute for Standards and Technology's recommendations.
Anything free on the internet is a click-bait. Fortunately, not this time around. Comodo's free SSL is free, both money and commitment wise. I strongly recommend everyone to give it a try.
I feel like being fooled for not knowing about Comodo's free SSL earlier. I've done the maths, and looks like I lost a lot of money sticking to my previous ssl certificate. I'm planning to renew my certificate with Comodo after the trial is over.
Comodo's free SSL is strong and trustworthy as compared to leading SSL certificates available in the market.
Comodo has notched up its game by giving away free SSL for 3 months, every geek and developers I know are a big fanatic. This is truly a big deal for people deprived of SSL protection for their site.
Free can sometimes have derogatory implications, but not with comodo SSL. It's a top quality SSL certificate with the same thing you would expect in a paid certificate. At least that's what I got.