Free Email Certificate
Digitally sign and encrypt to authenticate and secure emails.
Comodo's free email certificates take seconds to install.
An S/MIME email certificate ensures your mail cannot be read by anyone but the intended recipients. It also ensure your message was not modified during transmission and allows recipients to confirm your identity as the sender of the message.
Please use Mozilla® Firefox® or Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 8+ to collect your certificate.
Email Certificates cannot be collected using Google® Chrome® or Microsoft Edge.
Why do I need a Secure Email Certificate?
- Authentication - Email passes through many different computer systems without your knowledge. Not only are you unaware of the mail flowing through these public systems, you may also not know where these computers are located, or even who owns and maintains them. A secure email certificate lets you add a digital ID to your email to prove that the message and attachments originally came from you.
- Privacy - Any non-encrypted email you send can be very easily intercepted and read. Someone may be able to snoop on your email inbox, or grab the messages as you wirelessly check your mail on a laptop. Comodo's email certificates protect your mail from prying eyes by providing end-to-end encryption between you and your contact. You encrypt the message on your computer and it can only be decrypted by the intended recipient when it arrives at their computer. Nobody can read it en-route.
- Integrity - Regular, unsecured email can easily be intercepted and modified. Messages can be changed so that information is removed or even added without your consent. Adding a digital signature to an email with a Digital Certificate means that it is impossible for anyone to alter the contents of your mail without your recipient being alerted.
Why Comodo for your Email Certificate?
- Complimentary - Comodo believes that private and secure messaging is a right not a luxury you should pay for. Comodo provides email certificates and SSL certificate free to personal users.
- Fast and Easy to Obtain - You can get a Secure Certificate from Comodo within minutes using our online form. Just fill out your name, email address, choose a password and we'll deliver your certificate.
- Compatible with your favorite mail program and device - Because they are issued by the one of the worlds most established SSL providers and use the x.509 certificate standard, Comodo's digital certificates are fully trusted by 99.9 percent of email clients and devices:
How Secure Email Certificates Protect Your Privacy
Comodo Secure E-Mail Certificates allow you to digitally sign your email as well as encrypt your email messages so that they cannot be read or edited during transmission.
Today, email is ubiquitous. Believe it or not, more than 2 million emails on average are sent every second. Yet without taking steps to secure your e-mail, it is about as secure as a postcard written in pencil. Whoever intercepts it can read it or change it with ease.
We use email every day to let friends, family members, and coworkers know our most private information, information we would NOT want prying eyes to see. Protect yourself today.
Code signing maintains the authenticity of my code content.
I was skeptical when I purchased Comodo code signing certificate but now I should tell you that I am seeing only protection to perfection.
I am using Comodo Code Signing Certificate and the features are too good that the software can easily fight against the unknown threats, Am too happy with the product.
I am completely comfortable using the product. Easy to understand and use it as well.
Comodo Code Signing certificate has driven a good amount of customer trust on my apps. Appreciates the add ons available as well.