SSL Certificate Signing request using Plesk Server Administrator 6
Generating a Certificate Signing Request
To generate a certificate signing request (CSR) follow these steps:
- At the Certificate repository page, click on the ADD button. The certificate creation page will open.
- Specify the certificate name.
- The Bits selection allows you to choose the level of encryption of your SSL Certificate. Select the appropriate number from the drop-down list.
- Select a country from the drop-down list
- Specify the state or province, location (city).
- Enter the appropriate organization name and department/division in the field provided.
- Enter the Domain Name for which you wish to generate the certificate signing request.
- Click the REQUEST button. A certificate signing request will be generated and added to the repository. You will be able to add the other certificate parts later on.
Note: Do not lose your RSA Private Key, you will need this later.
Generating a CSR using an existing private key
In some cases you have a certificate in the repository, which has only the private key part and the other parts are missing due to some reasons. To generate a new Certificate Signing Request using the existing private key, follow these steps:
- At the certificate repository page, select from the list a certificate, which has the private key part only. You will be taken to the SSL certificate properties page.
- Click REQUEST.