SSL Certificate Signing Request for Webstar 4x
Step 1: Generate a Private Key
- Launch CSR Utility
This can be found in the SSL Tools folder under the Webstar Installation.
- Enter a password to protect your private key. Make sure that the password is at least 8 characters in length.
Numbers, Letters and Punctuation are acceptable!
- Click Create Key to create the Private Key.
Step 2: Generate your Certificate Signing Request (CSR)
- Choose Certificate Request in the Action menu of the CSR Utility application.
- Fill in all the fields with the appropriate information. Make sure that the Common Name you specify will be the actual domain name that you want to use your SSL certificate with.
- Click the Choose... and select the private key file you created.
Note: If you have a private key password, please enter it in the field
- Click the Create button to generate your Certificate Signing Request.
- Name the certificate signing request file something like Certificate Request, and save it in your WebSTAR 4 folder.
- Quit the CSR Utility program.
During the order process, you will be asked to "Copy & Paste" your CSR into the CSR field on the order form. Since you just have saved your certificate signing request (CSR) file to your WebSTAR 4 folder, all you have to do is to open your CSR file with a text editor and copy and paste the content into the CSR field on the order form.