Free Email Certificate
Comodo's Free Email certificates take seconds to install and allow you to use the digitally sign and encrypt features built in your email client to secure and authenticate your emails.
An SSL email certificate ensures your mail cannot be read by anyone but the intended recipients. They also ensure your message was not modified during transmission and allow recipients to confirm your identity as the sender of the message.
Email certificates can be applied for and collected using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Safari and Flock browsers. For best results, however, we recommend using Internet Explorer.
Why do I need a Secure Email Certificate?
- Authentication - Email passes through many different computer systems without your knowledge. Not only are you unaware of the mail flowing through these public systems, you may also not know where these computers are located, or even who owns and maintains them. A secure email certificate lets you add a digital ID to your email to prove that the message and attachments originally came from you.
- Privacy - Any non-encrypted email you send can be very easily intercepted and read. Someone may be able to snoop on your email inbox, or grab the messages as you wirelessly check your mail on a laptop. Comodo's email certificates protect your mail from prying eyes by providing end-to-end encryption between you and your contact. You encrypt the message on your computer and it can only be decrypted by the intended recipient when it arrives at their computer. Nobody can read it en-route.
- Integrity - Regular, unsecured email can easily be intercepted and modified. Messages can be changed so that information is removed or even added without your consent. Adding a digital signature to an email with a Digital Certificate means that it is impossible for anyone to alter the contents of your mail without your recipient being alerted.
Why Comodo for your Email Certificate?
- Complimentary - Comodo believes that private and secure messaging is a right not a luxury you should pay for. Comodo provides email certificates and ssl certificates free to personal users.
- Fast and Easy to Obtain - You can get a Secure Certificate from Comodo within minutes using our online form. Just fill out your name, email address, choose a password and we'll deliver your certificate.
- Compatible with your favorite mail program and device - Because they are issued by the one of the worlds most established SSL providers and use the x.509 certificate standard, Comodo's digital certificates are fully trusted by 99.9 percent of email clients and devices:
How Secure Email Certificates Protect Your Privacy
Comodo Secure E-Mail Certificates allow you to digitally sign your email as well as encrypt your email messages so that they cannot be read or edited during transmission.
Today, email is ubiquitous. Believe it or not, more than 2 million emails on average are sent every second. Yet without taking steps to secure your e-mail, it is about as secure as a postcard written in pencil. Whoever intercepts it can read it or change it with ease.
We use email every day to let friends, family members, and coworkers know our most private information, information we would NOT want prying eyes to see. Protect yourself today.
Works like a charm on OS X 10.10, iOS 8 and any other client supporting S/MIME.
The email certificate is extremely easy to install and works properly so far. I remember the days when email certificates costed from around 30 Euros per year and the installation process was quite complex. Comodo has now made it free and easy. Thank you!
Works on my Outlook as on my IPhone and IPad
When asked by a forensic tech from a Government corruption investigation branch the simplest way to get an email S/MIME certificate I recommended Comodo. When less technically minded friends asked the same, I recommended Comodo. The Comodo instructions and certificate installation process are simple and effective.
This certificate is excellent :)